FMS Private Fund Database Set Up Service
About the Service
The SIMS FMS Private Fund Database Setup Service is an additional service where BT Lancashire Services FMS specialists create a customised FMS database in SIMS for your school to manage your school's private funds. It is installed on top of your existing SIMS FMS 6 and accessed via a database selector (DB Selector) that allows you to choose which FMS database to open.
Having an additional database within SIMS FMS allows you to record income and expenditure relating to your school's private funds in a secure, audited system. The financial year can run from September to August or April to March depending on your schools requirements.
A separate financial structure can be set up to meet your school's individual requirements.
What are the benefits?
- A familiar FMS system within SIMS will be provided.
- Cost Centre structures will be customised for your schools requirements.
- Ledger Codes will be customised for your schools requirements.
- Because the service uses SIMS FMS the financial processes are similar.
- Record all totalled receipts, all expenditure, banking and generate full accounting reports.
- Reports are provided in the same format as the School Budget Share FMS database.
- The database is installed by BT Lancashire Services and an on-site consultancy visit from an FMS specialist is provided as part of the purchase.
- Installation includes a 'Getting Started with FMS Private Funds' guidance document.
- Annual support from BT Lancashire Service's Service Centre is included.
Configuration of the new database
Consultation Services and FMS Overview
Our annual support charge provides ongoing support for the additional database service via the BT Lancashire Services Service Centre. This charge excludes any additional consultancy or changes to the setup configuration.
Support from BT Lancashire Services ICT Service Centre
Operational from 8am to 6pm (Monday – Friday excluding Bank Holidays and statutory leave days), with escalation routes ensuring that if your school does experience problems with the service, that our staff are focused on solving your issues.
- Following sign-off of the consultancy service, no further amendments or support for the Private Funds FMS Database are included. Further issues or queries with the Private Funds FMS Database Set Up Service should be logged with the BTLS Service Centre on 0300 123 6797 (option 1)
- Installation of the database will be carried out remotely. Consultancy for the configuration and setup will be provided on site.
- Our annual support charge provides ongoing support for the additional database service via the BT Lancashire Services Service Centre. This charge excludes any additional consultancy or changes to the setup configuration.
- Individual pupil payments are recorded via ParentPay or other 3rd party products, not in the SIMS FMS database. The FMS database is used to record all totalled receipts, all expenditure, banking and to generate full accounting reports.
Is there anything I need to have in place before I can use this service?
- Yes, in order to utilise this service, the school needs to purchase one of the BT Lancashire Services SIMS Software and Admin Network Support Service options.
- Your school will need to have SIMS operational on a SIMS server hosted within the school, in order to utilise this service. The server will need to be accessible remotely by our engineers.
Will there be any additional licensing charges to use this service?
- This depends on how many FMS databases your school is using already. The use of a second database will not incur any additional Capita one-off licence charges or Annual Maintenance charges, however for each additional database thereafter (up to the maximum limit of six) you will incur an additional Capita one-off licence charge per database. In addition our charges for installation and support are quoted per database.