Anti-Virus Protection (Sophos)
About the Service
The Anti-Virus Protection service includes the supply of Sophos Anti-Virus software for multiple devices on the school's network.
This service protects your school's ICT facilities from the numerous viruses and malware which are released daily. It scans downloads, either from the web or as email attachments when accessed. It will also provide protection from viruses brought into the classroom or office on removable media devices such as USB sticks, DVDs or portable hard drives.
What are the benefits?
This service reduces the threat from viruses and other malware to devices and data on the school network.
- Sophos Anti-Virus protection for Windows, Mac and Linux devices
- Daily virus signature updates available for client devices and downloaded automatically
- Exchange plug-in if your school has its own exchange servers
- Access to the BT Lancashire Services' Enterprise Console for distribution of software and updates
- For schools purchasing our SIMS Hardware, System and Software Support package we will also provide remote installation on your SIMS server and admin office PCs