Mobile Device Management (Lightspeed Systems)
About the Service
Mobile Device Manager (MDM) is a mobile device management (MDM) service provided by Lightspeed systems. This cloud-based technology enables school staff to manage mobile devices such as iPads and smart phones throughout the school. It also helps teachers ensure that students are using them effectively for learning.
What are the benefits?
- MDM makes it easier to ensure that devices have the right applications installed for the right group of learners, saving time and effort for IT coordinators, IT staff and teachers.
- MDM can assist with safeguarding for pupils as devices can be wiped and reset remotely, if required.
- It enables school ICT coordinators and staff to centrally manage mobile devices, without the need to configure each and every device individually.
- MDM provides schools with a facility to manage the behaviour, settings and installed software on their Apple, Android and Microsoft mobile devices.
- Using MDM offers an effective way to manage mobile devices, turning them from a consumer device into a powerful tool for teaching and learning.