Internet Filtering (Lightspeed Systems)
About the Service
What is it?
Our Internet Filtering (Lightspeed Systems) service is a centrally hosted filtering service, enabling safe web access for schools.
Why do I need it?
It provides you with the flexibility to locally manage and control access to websites. The service provides the following functionality for schools:
- Education focused web filtering.
- Ability to filter based on IP address ranges or by using an external directory such as your School's active directory domain.
- Local control to allow your School to manage which websites it wishes to allow or block.
What are the benefits?
- Schools have the ability to implement granular filtering based on individual classroom or user needs, removing dependence on BT Lancashire Services to block / unblock individual websites for individual school requests.
- Schools do not require any filtering equipment to be installed in school with this service
- Assists schools in fulfilling their safeguarding duties